Terms of Reference
Purpose of Consultancy: Tai Tanzania is looking to develop a USSD Messaging Application that will be used as an interactive platform among AGYW where they can get SRH information. The rationale behind using this platform is to compliment and act as a reminder of the main themes captured in 3D animations and radio dramas. More importantly, adoption of this approach gives beneficiaries more diversified platforms to access SRH information; thus, in the absence of internet to access 3D animations, beneficiaries can still receive regular SMS with the same themes to those portrayed in 3D animations and radio dramas.
Type of Contract: Individual Consultant
Supervisor: Head of Program & Operations
Tai Tanzania is an innovative youth-led organization that uses the power of combining data, storytelling, and technology to inspire behaviour change among young people based on stories from the community. We produce edutainment content such as animation film, music, and comic posters. Tai was founded in 2012 and registered in 2013. Tai’s vision is to ensure equal access to education for all young people in Tanzania. To do so, Tai focuses on creating environments that will foster adolescents’ access to school, since education plays a crucial role in children’s and adolescents’ future lives.
B. Specific Objective
Develop USSD Messaging Application that will be used as an interactive platform among AGYW where they can get SRH information in accordance with Social Behavioral Change Communications principles, content dissemination strategy, and Tai Tanzania’s values, mission, vision, and objectives.
C. Scope & Modalities of Work
We advise this process to be approached in stages. You as a consultant are advised to propose what is deemed necessary to achieve the objectives. The following proposed activities are expected to be undertaken within a period of 3 weeks.
- Design of SMS application
- Development of SMS application
- Testing SMS application
- Launch of SMS
- Monitoring and maintenance
D. Expected Deliverables
In line with the above proposed scope of work, it is expected that deliverables would encompass the following:
- Inception Report
- First draft of SMS platform
- Final draft of SMS platform
- User Manual & provide training to Tai Tanzania staff on how to use and maintain the platform.
E: Qualification and Experience
Qualification and Education
- University degree in IT, Communications or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area, combined with a university degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years’ work experience in Website designing, SMS platform development or related works
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Exceptional applicants with fewer years of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of SMS platform development and website designing
- Ability to explain ideas and concepts in a simple manner
- Proficient command of both English and Swahili
F. Criteria for Selection
- Tai Tanzania will use a combined scoring method, in which the technical proposal explaining consultant experience, approach and methodology for carrying out the required assignment and will be weighted at 100% Scoring for the technical proposal as follows:
- Education: 10 points
- Relevance of Experience: 40 points
- Approach to completing the assignment: 50 points
- Detailed budget providing the cost of the consultant’s services
- Resume, Curriculum Vitae, or bio
- List of past clients for whom the most closely related work was conducted, indicating those who may serve as professional references with contact information
G. Contract type and Payment Terms: This will be a lump-sum contract with the following payment schedule:
- 20% of contract amount on submission and acceptance of Inception Report
- 30% of contract amount on submission and acceptance of the first draft
- 30% of the contract amount on submission and acceptance of the final draft.
- 20% after delivering a user manual and training the team how to use and maintain it
Send your letter of interest and CV to email: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com For further questions or inquiry contact our Human Resource Manager through +255(0)743 300 006. When submitting your application make sure the subject on the email is, “Application for USSD Platform Consultant.” The deadline for this application is 9th September 2021.
We regret that due to the high volume of responses only short-listed candidates will be contacted.