Terms of Reference
Purpose of Consultancy:
Tai Tanzania creates 2D & 3D animations for adolescents within our community and is looking to develop an online portal that will be used as an interactive platform for youth in Tanzania and across the globe. The organisation shares its content both online and is determined to create an online portal for its beneficiaries and other stakeholders to be able to engage with the content, learn and purchase various assets. The portal will support the organisation create an online community and effectively monitor their reach and impact.
Type of Contract: Individual Consultant
Supervisor: Communications and Partnerships Manager
Tai Tanzania a youth led organization with a vision to ensure all young people in Tanzania have equal access to education. Our belief is that education is the powerful tool that can help young people fulfil their potentials. We use storytelling to create animations which entertain and educate the community about various issues which may hinder youth from accessing and finalising their educational journey. The organisation focuses on creating environments that will foster adolescents’ access to school, since education plays a crucial role in children’s and adolescents’ future lives. Tai Tanzania was founded in 2012 and was registered 2013 (Reg: ooNGO/00009751).
B. Overall Aim
The overall aim of this project is to create a functional and interactive Tai Tanzania Portal for stakeholders to engage with animations and learn about key issues spotlighted by animations. The portal will accommodate 5 key stakeholders, namely, Beneficiaries, Donors, Partners, Employees and potential Customers.
C. Specific Objectives
- An online platform to nurture an online community through the curation of interactive content which is relevant for all 5 stakeholders mentioned above
- Provide stakeholders with accurate and reliable information about various issues restricting youth in Tanzania from accessing education
- Create an online shop for all stakeholders to purchase physical and digital items created by Tai Tanzania
D. Scope & Modalities of Work
We advise this process to be approached in stages. You as a consultant are advised to propose what is deemed necessary to achieve the objectives. The following proposed activities are expected to be undertaken within a period of 6 weeks.
- Design of online portal
- Development of online portal
- Testing online portal
- Launch of online portal
- Monitoring and maintenance
Additionally, the consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Ensure the portal is in alignment with Tai Tanzania’s brand
E. Expected Deliverables
In line with the above proposed scope of work, it is expected that deliverables would encompass the following:
- First draft of online portal
- Final draft of online portal
- Inception Report along with System Requirement Specification (SRS) – One Week after commencement
- Creation of a user manual and provision of in-house training for staff of how to navigate both the front and backend of the portal as well as appropriate maintenance of the portal
- Remote periodic support for maintenance of the portal
- Perform other duties as may be agreed upon and re or required
F: Qualification and Experience
Qualification and Education
- University degree in IT, Communications or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area, combined with a university degree in a related field
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years’ work experience in Online Portal designing, Website designing, or related works
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Exceptional applicants with less years of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of online platforms development and website designing
- Ability to explain ideas and concepts in a simple manner
- Proficient command of both English and Swahili
G. Criteria for Selection
- Tai Tanzania will use a combined scoring method, in which the technical proposal explaining consultant experience, approach and methodology for carrying out the required assignment and will be weighted at 100% Scoring for the technical proposal as follows:
- Education: 10 points
- Relevance of Experience: 40 points
- Approach to completing the assignment: 50 points
- Detailed budget providing the cost of the consultant’s services
- Resume, curriculum vitae, portfolio or bio
- List of past clients for whom the most closely related work was conducted, indicating those who may serve as professional references with contact information
H. Contract type and Payment Terms: This will be a lump-sum contract with the following payment schedule:
- 20% of contract amount on submission and acceptance of Inception Report along with System Requirement Specification (SRS)
- 30 % of contract amount on submission and acceptance of the first draft
- 30% of the contract amount on submission and acceptance of the final draft.
- 20% after delivering the user manual and training the team on how to navigate in the back-end and front-end.
Send your letter of interest and CV to email: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com . For further questions or inquiry contact our Human Resource Manager through +255(0)743 300 006. When submitting your application make sure the subject on the email is, “Application for Online Portal Consultant.” The deadline for this application is 9th September, 2021.
We regret that due to the high volume of responses only short-listed candidates will be contacted.