|Job Title||Receptionist Intern|
|Report to||Communication & Partnership Manager|
|Duration||6 Months – 1 Year, with possibility of extension|
|Location||Tanzania, Dar es salaam|
|Working hours||08:00 am – 05:00 pm (Monday to Friday)|
|Job summary||We are looking for a Receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of Communications tasks who will be the first point of contact for our organization. Our Receptionist’s duties include offering communications support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the office. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.|
ABOUT Tai Tanzania
Tai Tanzania is an innovative youth-led organization that uses the power of combining data, storytelling, and technology to inspire behavior changes among young people based on stories from the community. We produce edutainment content such as animation film, music, and comics’ posters. Tai was founded in 2012 and registered in 2013. Tai’s vision is to create socio-behavioral change to live in a society where youth are responsible leaders in ensuring sustainable development. To do so, Tai focuses on creating environments that will foster adolescents’ access to school since education plays a crucial role in children’s and adolescents’ future lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Maintain reception and other surrounding areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times
- Maintains security and telecommunications system.
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitor badges.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Supports continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other branding materials that communicate the organization’s activities, products, and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization when required.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
TEAMWORK & PARTICIPATORY
- To actively participate in organizational activities as directed by the management team or supervisor
- To participate in team-building activities and organization events
- To participate in all meetings of organization internal and external
- Ability to work as part of a team
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Diploma or general education degree required
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in an office environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to type 35 wpm minimum
- Strong phonecall skills
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English
- Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks without supervision
VISION: A society transformed by easy access to information
MISSION: To empower young people in communities across sub-Saharan Africa by increasing access to information through creative storytelling and media technology that influences positive behavior change.